Thursday 14 October 2010

Afghan Fashion Show

Last week I assisted on the Afghan Fashion show 2010, which raises money for AfghanAid and the soldiers charity AFB. This was it's second year and was held in memory of Dr Karen Woo, an aid worker who was killed in Afghanistan earlier this year.
Clothes from international designer Zolaykha Sherzad were showcased along with traditional Afghan costume, on a carpeted runway in Porchester Hall. The models were led by Olivia Inge, who has walked for the likes of Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood!
Here are a few of the images…


Olivia Inge in a Zolaykha Sherzad design.

Eva Doll in traditional Afghan costume.

Model in traditional bridal costume.

During a break in the catwalk show, an Attan dancer performed a traditional Afghan dance, it was mesmerising. She must have been spinning on the spot for at least half of the 7 minutes and didn't falter once. She was amazing!
It was a really good evening and was really nice to work with some old uni friends :) I was a bit disappointed when I went into the room where Loreal were doing hair to discover they were all drinking Mojitos. But apparently they had gone into the hall and helped themselves, which I was too afraid to do!
As I was leaving the hall they had started the auction, I don't know what the first item was but the opening bid was £4000! Must have been something nice.
I will be posting about my vegan meringue baking soon, I'll let you know how the Versawhip works out!


Bisous bisous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment